Position: Industry Liaison
Reports to: Director, Membership, Marketing & Development
Compensation: $65K to $75K commensurate upon experience.
This position is based in Washington, D.C. There is no option to telecommute.
About NGAUS: The association includes nearly 45,000 current or former Guard officers. It was created in 1878 to provide unified National Guard representation in Washington. In their first productive meeting after Reconstruction, militia officers from the North and South formed the association with the goal of obtaining better equipment and training by petitioning Congress for more resources. Today, 138 years later, NGAUS has the same mission.
Summary: The Industry Liaison is the primary interface between corporate partners and the National Guard Association of the United States. Basic functions include administering the NGAUS Corporate Associate Program along with the execution of several key events, most notably Industry Day and those at the annual Conference & Exhibition. The Industry Liaison is responsible for revenue generation through dues payments, registrations, and sponsorships.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and execute a comprehensive annual plan to recruit and retain corporate members of NGAUS.
- Develop marketing messages and campaigns targeting corporate membership
- Provide superior service to prospective and current corporate members
- Work closely with tradeshow vendor to secure sales for annual conference
- Plan and execute various events at annual conference
- Plan and execute all facets of annual NGAUS signature event - Industry Day
- Cultivate corporate donors for the National Guard Educational Foundation
- Work closely with Corporate Advisory Panel (CAP) and Board of Directors
- Represent NGAUS at various events
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the status, knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Defense Industry experience
- Ability to serve as a strong, compelling ambassador for NGAUS
- Ability to develop a comprehensive knowledge NGAUS
- Creative, energetic, entrepreneurial spirit
- Ability to multi-task, be organized and flexible, and prioritize responsibilities
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written)
- Business Acumen, strategic planning, and resource management skills
- Strong IT and social media capabilities, including Association Management Software
- Event Planning
- Ability to work as a team member
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s Degree or greater and related experience and/or training.
All interested and qualified should send cover letter, resume, and references to email@example.com by close of business (5pm EST) on June 30, 2016.