Title: Administrative Receptionist
Pay scale $14-$16/hour
Reports to: Chief of Staff
Starting: December 2015
Under the direct supervision of the chief of staff this position provides administrative and secretarial support for the chief of staff and all other directorates. In addition to typing, filing and scheduling, performs duties such as financial record keeping, coordination of meetings and conferences, obtaining supplies, coordinating direct mailings, and working on special projects. Also, answers non-routine correspondence and assembles highly confidential and sensitive information. Deals with a diverse group of important external callers and visitors as well as internal contacts at all levels of the organization. Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize and organize diversified workload, recommends changes in office practices or procedures.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Schedules and organizes complex activities such as meetings, travel, conferences and department activities for all members of the directorates.
- Creates and develops visual presentations for the chief of staff.
- Establishes, develops, maintains and updates filing system for the chief of staff and the directors. Retrieves information from files when needed.
- Organizes and prioritizes large volumes of information and calls.
- Sorts and distributes mail when needed. Drafts written responses or replies by phone or e-mail when necessary. Responds to regularly occurring requests for information.
- Answers phones for organization. Takes messages or fields/answers all routine and non-routine questions. Works in cooperation with other nonexempt staff to cover phones.
- Greets and directs visitors to the organization.
- Handles confidential and non-confidential routine information and explains policies when necessary.
- Works independently and within a team on special nonrecurring and ongoing projects. Acts as project manager for special projects, at the request of the chief of staff, which may include: planning and coordinating multiple presentations, disseminating information, coordinating direct mailings, creating brochures.
- Coordinates coverage of desk duties and division of workload with other non-exempt employees.
- Types and designs general correspondences, memos, charts, tables, graphs, business plans, etc. Proofreads copy for spelling, grammar and layout, making appropriate changes. Responsible for accuracy and clarity of final copy.
- Technical Capacity. Microsoft products (Word, Excel, power point and outlook). ExpoCAD a plus.
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility.
- Thoroughness - Possession of strong organizational skills.
- Collaboration Skills - Ability to work independently on assigned tasks as well as to accept direction on given assignments.
- Communication Proficiency- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Possess exceptional interpersonal communication skills.
- Prompt and Regular attendance.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. There is overtime available and sometimes essential.
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma.
- Two years plus of administrative experience.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
None required for this position.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. As the nature of business demands change so, too, may the essential functions of this position.
Point of Contact: Submit resume with two references (two pages maximum to be considered) to Ms Patricia R O’Connell at email@example.com by close of business November 25, 2015.