NGAUS Fellows Program
(Submit info by Oct. 17)
The NGAUS board of directors is looking for a dynamic and experienced association member to take over its Washington, D.C., operations next year to succeed retired Maj. Gen. Gus Hargett.
The board is calling for those interested in becoming NGAUS president to submit a resume and cover letter by Sept. 19, 2016. It is creating a search committee to screen resumes, conduct initial interviews and recommend three highly qualified candidates to the board for a final selection.
Hargett, who has served as NGAUS president since January 2010, plans to retire May 1, 2017. His successor will start on or about Feb. 15, 2017. The overlap is designed to ease the transition.
Applicants should forward their resumes to:
One Massachusetts Ave., NW
Washington, D.C. 20001
Or email to email@example.com
- Senior-level leadership/corporate management―minimum of 10 years
- Long-term membership in NGAUS and a state National Guard association―minimum of five years
- Working knowledge of the National Guard, to include the National Guard Bureau, adjutants general and state organizations/associations (e.g., state Guard associations, National Governors Association, veterans service organizations)
- Legislative activity
- Collaborative team-building
Desired experience with/and:
- State associations
- Nonprofit organizations
- Financial statements and budgets (to include tax issues)
- Commercial real estate
- Corporate investments/endowments
- Insurance programs
- Established relationships within the National Guard, active Army and Air Force and other veteran service organizations